The case describes the evolution of a startup company in Israel, from the technical idea (a technology to reduce friction between moving parts), through the first financing round, the development of an innovative business model, and the resolution into revenue generation.
The case illustrates the creation of an attractive technical idea, and then demonstrates how such a technical idea must be translated into a business model in order to create value. In a second step, the execution of technical idea and business model into a revenue-generating business requires the flexible management and high uncertainty.
- Management of New Ventures
- Business Model Innovation
- Contribution of Venture Capital
- Executing a Business Model
- Managing High Uncertainty
- Intellectual Property Strategy